Artists in Miniature Landscape
Business will only be undertaken by Countryside Models under the
following terms and conditions;
- The term "the vendor" shall hereafter be taken to mean Countryside Models.
- The term "the customer" shall hereafter be taken to mean the customer or his
representative or any person qualified or otherwise and instructed either verbally or in
writing by the customer to act on his or her behalf.
- The terms "the concept" and "the concept document" shall hereafter
be taken to mean a sketch of a layout for a model railway or other design together with
any supporting or accompanying documents.
- The vendor is not obliged to offer to provide a concept document but may elect to do so.
- If the vendor chooses to provide a concept document it shall not be considered any form
of contract or intent to contract and either party may decline to take the matter further
but copyright of the concept document shall remain with the vendor and no part of the
document may be reproduced or used in any commercial transaction without the vendor's
express permission in writing.
- Once the customer has agreed a concept document in writing and paid the agreed fee the
vendor will draw up a detailed plan of the customer's project. This plan will be submitted
to the customer along with a proposed stage payment plan. A forecast will also be included
as to when construction can commence along with an estimate of the time needed to complete
the work covered by the plan.
- Once the detailed plan and the proposed stage payment scheme have been agreed in writing
and the first stage payment has been received in our account the purchase of materials
- Once any agreed stage of construction has been achieved to the satisfaction of the
customer payment of the next stage will be required prior to commencement of the following
stage of construction.
- The term "Standard Test" shall hereafter mean one of a number of test
procedure documents designed so as to prove the correct operation of the model and
controls as appropriate to the model being constructed.
- The term "Factory Acceptance Test" and any numbered appendix attached thereto
shall hereafter be taken to mean any standard test conducted on the model at the factory
by the vendor with or without the customer being present the results of which shall be
recorded and duly signed and dated by both the vendor and customer to be valid.
- The term "Final Factory Acceptance Test" shall hereafter be taken to mean a
written document which when duly signed and dated by both the vendor and the customer
shall be considered full acceptance by the customer that the vendor has fully complied
with all contractual requirements.
- One of the following statements shall apply unless written authority to dispense with
them is received from the customer;
- for smaller models; "Once the model has been completed the customer will be offered
a Final Factory Acceptance Test.
- For larger models; "Once the main lines and any track which is to be hidden under
scenery have been laid and wired the customer will be offered Factory Acceptance Test 1
which will be to demonstrate the work done to that point. Once accepted any due payments
must be made before work commences on later stages. Where necessary further Factory
Acceptance Tests will be included in the payment plan. Once the model has been
completed the customer will be offered a Final Factory Acceptance Test.
- Once the customer has accepted the model at the Factory any final payments become due
and these must be made prior to delivery.
- Delivery including insurance is to be at customer's cost although the vendor may agree
to arrange delivery at the customer's request.
- All travel to the delivery site of the model by the vendor's staff all travelling time
and any commissioning work to be done on site will be paid for by the customer at
pre-agreed daily rates.
- The vendor offers a guarantee of three years dating from acceptance by the customer for
all electrical and mechanical workmanship undertaken by the vendor and his staff but not
for the workmanship of any customer supplied or bought-in products used in the
construction of the work excepting from said guarantee in all cases all or any damage
caused by the use or attempted use of any model fixture fitting adaptation or alteration
by the customer not approved of by the vendor.
- All electrical and mechanical equipment provided shall comply with the relevant
legislation of the country of origin but this should not be taken to confirm or imply
compliance with legislation passed in the country the model is to reside in.
- It is the customer's responsibility to be aware of and prior to the detailed planning
stage referred to in item 6 to give written notice of any relevant legislation which may
apply to the importation and/or use of any job of work undertaken by the vendor.
- Any special work conditions or equipment required in order to comply with legislation
existing in which the country the model is intended to reside shall be notified to the
vendor at the detailed planning stage referred to in item 6 and will be included in the
- Any special amendments work conditions or equipment required after acceptance of the
detailed plan referred to in item 6 shall not form part of the original contract and shall
be quoted and charged for separately.
- The vendor offers a guarantee of one year from the date of acceptance by the customer
for any scenic work excluding all damage caused as a result of transporting the work or
erection by other than the vendor's staff or damage from negligence or carelessness or the
use of incorrect electrical supplies heating ventilation proximity to acid alkali or other
noxious or corrosive substances etcetera.
- The vendor will accept no liability for damage to the model once it has left the factory
- The vendor accepts no liability for loss or damage to any party during the delivery or
erection of the model.
- The vendor accepts no liability for loss or damage to the customer's property or effects
nor any third party claims occasioned by use misuse operation or storage of any model made
by the vendor excepting those required under local statute peculiar to the country of
ultimate delivery of the model and made known to the vendor prior to completion of the
planning stage referred to in item 6.
- Any claims for loss or damage shall only be considered upon the production of written
evidence supporting any such claim.
- Any claim or legal proceeding shall be directed at the vendor company and unless agreed
otherwise in writing prior to completion of the planning stage referred to in item 6 the
Law of England shall apply.
- Other than in the United Kingdom no claim shall be made against any individual member of
staff or group of members of staff of the vendor company when visiting the country in
which the claimant resides or in which the job of work is located.
I the undersigned as vendor do hereby agree to abide by the above terms and conditions
I the undersigned as customer do hereby agree to abide by the above terms and